Wednesday 25 July 2012

"I'm Bex. Hello!"

I thought I'd better give a little introduction - give you an insight on little ol' me - the author behind the blog.

I'm Bex. Hello! I'm 19 years young.
I'm going to take a second stab at University this September, studying Film Studies and Media Studies at Anglia Ruskin University. Last year I made a hasty, last minute decision to go to university, opting to study Criminology and Psychology at Sheffield Hallam. I guess it was all a bit daunting upping and moving over 3 miles away, and the idea of gaining independence and going to University was more attractive than the reality, thus resulting in me coming home after a measly 6 weeks.

So this time round I can't afford for it not to work, so I've taken every precaution to ensure it goes as smoothly as possible - I'm going to live at home and travel into Cambridge as it isn't too far. I've chosen a course much better suited to my personality and my childhood dreams of having something to do with TV or radio - what exactly that role may be I'm hoping to find out when I study.

In July I completed a 6 month apprenticeship in Professional Cookery, which was one of the funnest things I've ever done! I attended training in Newport Pagnell at the De Vere Academy of Hospitality and had a work placement in a pub in Ampthill, Bedfordshire. I met some amazing people along the way and whilst doing it I discovered that becoming a chef isn't what I want to do just yet, I've gained some valuable life skills and experience - my mum's safe in the knowledge that when I do eventually fly the nest, at least I'll be able to cook myself something substantial. ;)

Anyway, there's my back story, pretty boring, but as you can tell I'm very indecisive. Or maybe you could call it adventurous...? I like to dabble in many a thing - pretty much because I get bored easily and I'm always looking for a new challenge.  'A Box Full Of...' is my latest challenge. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment